- Free Full Musicals On Youtube
- Waitress Broadway Musical Video
- Video Musical Broadway
- Youtube Free Broadway Musical Movies
Share your videos with friends, family, and the world. Online, everywhere. stream 3,200+ broadway playlists including musicals, showtunes, and Original Broadway Cast music from your desktop or mobile device. Broadway show tunes from the 1950s to the present. Our selections feature your favorite Broadway songs by legendary performers and today’s stars. Featured Channel. Broadway's Best. The all-time top songs from 50 years of Broadway musicals. More Broadway Channels. Broadway in NYC. The following Broadway shows are currently playing or scheduled to play in New York City. Click on a show for more information and to buy tickets from the official source.
Start your 7 day free trial by clicking a plan below!
Already a Member? Log in
No curtain time. Watch from the comfort of your home!
Available on iOS, AppleTV, Android, Roku, Amazon Firestick and Web.
From the finest productions of Shakespeare to Tony Award-winning blockbusters, we have something for all the theater fans in your life!
Stream from any device!
Get your Broadway fix on your laptop, phone, tablet, or TV.
Browse our library of hundreds of productions!
See what’s available now
Start your 7 day free trial by clicking a plan below!
Already a Member? Log in
|Single by The Drifters|
|from the album Under the Boardwalk|
|B-side||'Let the Music Play'|
|Songwriter(s)||Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller|
|The Drifters singles chronology|
|Single by George Benson|
|from the album Weekend in L.A.|
|B-side||'We As Love'|
|George Benson singles chronology|
'On Broadway' is a song written by Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil in collaboration with the team of Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller.
Weil and Mann were based at Aldon Music, located at 1650 Broadway, New York City, and the song as written by Mann/Weil was originally recorded by the Cookies (although the Crystals' version beat them to release) and featured an upbeat lyric in which the protagonist is still on her way to Broadway and sings 'I got to get there soon, or I'll just die'. The song was played as a shuffle.
Free Full Musicals On Youtube
When Leiber/Stoller let it be known that the Drifters had booked studio time for the following day and were a song short, Mann/Weil forwarded 'On Broadway'. Leiber and Stoller liked the song but felt that it was not quite right; the four held an overnight brainstorming session that culminated in the better-known version of the song, now with a rock-oriented groove and with a more bluesy feel, which matched the new lyric in which the singer was now actually on Broadway and having a hard time.
The Drifters version
A young Phil Spector played the distinctive lead guitar solo on The Drifters' recording. The personnel for the Drifters recording were Rudy Lewis- vocals, Joe Newman, Ernie Royal – trumpets; Billy Butler, Bill Suyker, Everett Barksdale – guitars; Russ Savakus – bass; Gary Chester – drums; and Phil Kraus, Nick Rodriguez, Martin Grupp – percussion. The instrumental arrangement was written by noted arranger Garry Sherman.
The List of Graphics cards shown here will include what Alienware has to offer, but will not be limited to those options. The reason for this is that Gamers, Alienware owners or not, need support. Our latest Game Ready Driver provides support for the Quake II RTX v1.4.0 update which enables support for the new Vulkan Ray Tracing extensions. Now, any GPU with support for Vulkan Ray Tracing can experience Quake II RTX in all its path-traced glory. GeForce 600 Series: GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti. GeForce Experience replaces NVIDIA Update as the easiest way to keep your drivers up to date. New in GeForce R320 Drivers. Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 20% for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.22 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Geforce 600 seriesalienware user support. Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3070 GPU Learn more in our Game Ready Driver article here. GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710. GeForce 600 Series: GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti.
The recording by the Drifters was a hit, reaching No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1963.
The Drifters' version of the song was featured in a 1971 television public service announcement for Radio Free Europe (RFE). The Hungarian expatriate announcer is shown entering the RFE studio announcing 'On Broadvay', after which young Hungarians are shown listening to the 'In sound from Outside'.
George Benson version
George Benson's version of 'On Broadway', from his 1978 album Weekend in L.A., hit No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 2 on the soul chart. Benson's version also has had substantial adult contemporary and smooth jazz radio airplay ever since. It won a Grammy Award for Best R&B Vocal Performance.
Waitress Broadway Musical Video
Benson's performance of the song was used in the 1979 film All That Jazz in a sequence that featured dancers on stage auditioning for a musical similar to Chicago. Benson also performed 'On Broadway' with Clifford and the Rhythm Rats for the 1994 Muppets album Kermit Unpigged.
Other cover versions
- Disco Tex and the Sex-O-Lettes released a version of the song on their 1977 album A Piece of the Rock.
- British electro pioneer Gary Numan began performing the song on his 1979 tour, which was later released on the live album Living Ornaments '79.
- Neil Young recorded two versions of the song, one on his 1989 EP Eldorado and the other on his 1989 album Freedom.
- American composer and producer Kramer covered the song on his 2012 album The Brill Building.
- The Buddy Rich Big Band recorded a jazz version of this song (arranged by Dave Marowitz) on the Big Band Machine album on the Groove Merchant Record label in 1975
The song has also been recorded by many other artists, including the Coasters, the Dave Clark Five, Bobby Darin, Percy Faith, Tom Jones, Eric Carmen, Johnny Mathis, Nancy Sinatra, James Taylor, Livingston Taylor, Bette Midler, and The Sweet.
In film and television
- An instrumental version of the song was used in the film American Beauty (1999) during the Spartanettes dance scene.
- An episode Get a Life features a montage while Chris prepares for his theatre debut, Zoo Animals on Wheels.
- Paul Shaffer presented a music video with the song on one of the final episodes of the Late Show with David Letterman. The video featured cameos from Lorne Michaels, Martin Short, Andrea Martin, David Sanborn and Darlene Love.
- Jennifer Hudson and Katharine McPhee performed the song in 2013 for the season two premiere of the television series Smash, also called 'On Broadway'.
- During an episode of Living Single, Synclaire sang the song to Overton's Uncle Tibby after the three of them returned home from showing him around New York City (annoying Uncle Tibby in the process).
- The comedy short DePiglio by comedian Chris Fleming features George Benson's version of the song as DePiglio angrily runs toward the comedian.
- George Benson's version played briefly in Uptown Girls (2003), starring Elle Fanning and Brittany Murphy, during the ballet scene where Brittany's character tries to get her job back.
- The song was included in the musical revue Smokey Joe's Cafe (1995).
- It is featured in the Carole King musical Beautiful (2013), because Cynthia Weil and Barry Mann are characters in the show.
References to the song
- British progressive rock group Genesis referenced the song's lyrics and melody in their song 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway', the eponymous title track from their 1974 concept album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.
- Argentinian group Serú Girán referenced the song's melody — played by the fretless bass — in their track 'Canción de Hollywood' ('Hollywood Song') from their 1979 album, La Grasa de las Capitales.
- ^Mick Brown. Tearing Down the Wall of Sound, p. 96
- ^Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 53.
- ^Disco-Tex and the Sex-O-Lettes, A Piece of the Rock Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- ^'Kramer: The Brill Building > Review'. Allmusic. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
Video Musical Broadway
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics