Romance has certainly played a part in naming some of the streets around Britain.
You might not know it but the UK is a very romantic place. People jet off the Pairs and New York to absorb the famously loved up atmosphere, however there is no need. Romance has certainly played a part in naming some of the streets around Britain today and for those who live there- they have many loving stories of their own because there are constantly surrounded by good vibes.
Lovers cozy up outside the Northwoods Premium, a popular spot for sweet treats in Beloit, Wisconsin. It’s no secret that we love Main Streets. So, in honor of Valentine’s Day, we’re sharing the love with a list of the most romantic ones we could find. Romantic street style kitten - A hopeless romantic kitten wandering down the streets in style and being sassy. Photographed by AgentSakur9. The Romantic Zone is the portion of the downtown area of Puerto Vallarta that is bordered by the Rio Cuale on the north, Santa Barbara Street on the south, Insurgentes Street on the east, and Playa de Los Muertos on the west. Other common names for this area are Old Town, The South Side, and Colonia Emilano Zapata. The streets are a historical labyrinth dating back to the Roman times, many streets open up into glorious plazas creating this amazing energy that makes you feel like you're in another world, and the romantic and decadent air of the Laberint d'Horta is perfect for lovers like them.'
Top 20 Most Romantic Street Names in the Country
Thanks to Mouseprice and Ford, we take a look at some of the best destinations to crank up the romance in your next road trip.
Joanna Lovett, Ford consumer insight manager, said: “Date Street in London is the perfect place to get a relationship under way, while couples can step it up a gear at Lipscomb Close in Berkshire before fulfilling their destiny and arriving at Wedding Drive in Nottinghamshire.
22 Most Romantic UK Street Names:
1. Valentine Road, Leicester
2. Sweetloves Lane, Bolton Should i have higher dmg in off hand sanitizer.
3. Cupids Chase, Southend-on-Sea, Essex
4. Hearts Delight Road, Borden, Kent
5. Chivalry Road, Wandsworth, London
6. Flowers Close, Dollis Hill, London
7. Date Street, Kennington, London
8. Hug Bridge, Macclesfield
9. Lipscomb Close, Berkshire
10. Kissing Gate, Hull
Romantic Street In Paris
11. Love Street, Cheshire
12. Ring Road, Leeds
13. Diamond Close, Cambridge
14. Wedding Drive, Nottinghamshire
15. True Loves Lane, Ingatestone, Essex
16. Bride Street, Liverpool
17. Groom Walk, Surrey
18. Marriage Lane, Dorset
19. Partnership Court, County Durham
20. Bliss Gate, Kidderminster
21. Date Street, London
22. Rose Road, Coleshill
|Length||413 km (257 mi)|
The Romantic Road (German: Romantische Straße) is a 'theme route' devised by promotion-minded travel agents in the 1950s. It describes the 460 kilometres (290 mi) of surface roads between Würzburg and Füssen in southern Germany, specifically in Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg, linking a number of picturesque towns and castles. In medieval times, it was a trade route that connected the center of Germany with the south. Today, this region is thought by many international travellers to possess 'quintessentially German' scenery and culture, in towns and cities such as Nördlingen, Dinkelsbühl and Rothenburg ob der Tauber and in castles such as Burg Harburg and the famous Neuschwanstein.
With about five million overnight stays, four to five times that number of day visits and around 15,000 tourist jobs generated by the route, it is an economically important south German travel destination.
Along the route
from north to south:
- Holzkirchen (Unterfranken) (new itinerary since 2016)
- Urphar (new itinerary since 2016)
- Wertheim (new itinerary since 2016)
- Steingaden and Wieskirche
- Schwangau, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau
Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau
End of the Romantic Road at Abbey St. Stephan in Füssen
- ^Erwin Seitz, Dominik Rossmann: Fallstudien zum Tourismus-Marketing: Marketing-Erfolg trainieren. Vahlen, 2007. ISBN978-3-8006-3395-1
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Romantische Straße.|
- Official website(in German)
- Official website(in English)
- Romantic Road, Article