- Actually, 'eagle required' and elective merit badges are needed to earn all of the upper ranks: Star, Life and Eagle. New Scouts and their families often have questions about how to begin working on merit badges. Merit badges are earned by completing requirements listed in a merit badge pamphlet under the guidance of a merit badge counselor.
- If you’re a scout who’s good at strategy games, or if you’ve had some experience playing chess, the Chess merit badge will provide a fun way to develop critical thinking skills and earn an elective badge! While I didn’t have time to earn the Chess merit badge when I was a Scout, today I’m a.
- And effective with Eagle boards of review held on or after May 1, 2021, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion merit badge will be required to earn the rank. It’ll become the 14th Eagle-required merit badge, displacing one of the electives. Education in diversity and inclusion isn’t just for the Scouts.
An example timeline of merit badges to reach the 21 required for Eagle. E#1-E#7 are elective merit badges. The first year should be spent concentrating efforts on Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class advancement. Camping merit badge is started immediately on joining a troop since all nights of camping with the troop can be counted.
Committee Chair, Jacqui Orgovan - [email protected], (425) 351-8329
- Unit leaders, please provide Jacqui Orgovan with contact information for your Advancement Chair
- Please contact Jacqui Orgovan with your advancement questions and needs.
Advancement page links Advancement ResourcesMerit BadgesEagle Scout Rank
Login Page (including instructions)
General Advancement Resources
- The Chief Seattle Council webpage provides advancement information for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Eagle Scout Rank, Internet Advancement, Merit Badges, and general material
List of Merit Badge Counselors:
- Scouts: please contact your Scoutmaster for a Blue Card and Merit Badge Counselor options.
- Scoutmasters: please contact Jacqui Orgovan for the list of Merit Badge Counselors.
- In accordance with the Guide to Advancement, Section 22.214.171.124, we do not make the Merit Badge Counselor list available online
- Registering a NEW Merit Badge Counselor: Click Here.
Eagle Scout Rank
After a scout has completed a Board of Review for the Life rank, he or she may work on the requirements for the rank of Eagle Scout. These six requirements must be completed before the scout’s 18th birthday**:
- Be active in your troop, team, crew, or ship for at least six months as a Life Scout.
- Demonstrate that you live by the principles of the Scout Oath and Law by providing the names of 5-6 individuals who are willing to provide a recommendation on your behalf.
- Earn of total of 21 merit badges (13 required badges and 8 elective badges). As a Life scout you should already have completed at least 7 Eagle-required merit badges and 4 elective merit badges.
- While a Life scout, serve actively in your unit for a total of 6 months in one or more of the Positions of Responsibility listed in the Scouting BSA Handbook.
- While a Life scout, plan, develop and give leadership to others in a service project helpful to any religious institution, any school, or your community. You must use the latest version of the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook to develop your proposal and you must have the proposal approved by your unit leader, unit committee chair and beneficiary before submitting the proposal for approval by the district representative. DO NOT SCHEDULE OR BEGIN WORK ON YOUR PROJECT UNTIL YOU HAVE FINAL DISTRICT APPROVAL.
- While a Life Scout, participate in a unit leader conference.
**Effective 2/1/19, youth who are at least 16 years old but not yet 18 years old who register as members of Scouts BSA on or before 12/31/19 may request an extension to complete the Eagle Scout Rank requirements after they turn 18 years of age.
Once these six requirements have been completed, you may submit your Eagle Scout Rank Application to the Council Service Center for verification. After the information in your Eagle Scout Rank Application has been verified, it will be forwarded to the Lake Shores District Eagle Board of Review Coordinator who will collect your Statement of Ambitions and Life Purpose and any recommendation letters submitted. You will then be contacted by email to schedule your Eagle Board of Review.
The Lake Shores District Advancement Chair will be happy to come to your Troop meeting to give a Trail to Eagle presentation which goes into more detail about the requirements for the Eagle Scout Rank.
- Eagle Project Workbook, Letter of Recommendation Form, and Eagle Application: Click Here.
- Frequently asked questions: Click here.
Lake Shores District has developed a PowerPoint presentation that covers all aspects of the Life to Eagle Process. Currently we are giving this presentation to individual Troops by request (the presentation is no longer being done at Roundtable as in the past). The presentation takes between 60-90 minutes plus time for questions and scout interaction. Please contact Jacqui Orgovan, Lake Shores District Advancement Chair, to schedule a presentation.
Eagle Project Review Requests
Life Scouts may contact our Eagle Project Review Team by emailing [email protected] One of our project approvers will respond to your request for a project review based on availability.
Elective Merit Badge List
After you have completed the Proposal section of the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook and obtained approval signatures from your unit leader, committee chair and beneficiary’s representative, you may request District approval by emailing your entire workbook and a scan of the signature page to [email protected] Please put your name, troop # and project name in the subject line and cc: at least one adult (a parent, your unit leader, etc.). A member of our Eagle Project Review Team will respond to your request based on availability. Please submit your review request at least 30 days before you intend to begin work on your project. REMEMBER YOU MAY NOT SCHEDULE YOUR PROJECT OR BEGIN WORK ON YOUR PROJECT UNTIL YOU HAVE DISTRICT APPROVAL.
Liz Anne Bowman 425-802-3121
Jacqui Orgovan 425-351-8329
Helen Young 425-957-1515
Submit Confidential Letters of Recommendation to:
Lake Shores Eagle Board Coordinator
15731 NE 8th St, #7056
Bellevue, WA 98008
Submit Eagle Applications to the Seattle Service Center:
Physical address: 3120 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98114
Mailing address: 3120 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98114
E-mail: [email protected]
Eagle Board of Review Coordinator:
Lake Shores Eagle Board Coordinator
15731 NE 8th St, #7056
Bellevue, WA 98008
Eagle Boards of Review:
Location: Eagle Boards of Review are conducted at Bellevue City Hall at the date and time provided by the Eagle Board of Review Coordinator.
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition – Lords of the West is now available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store and Steam! Coming January 26th! Most people looking for Age of empires 4 downloaded: Age of Empires. 4.1 on 209 votes. Age of Empires is one of the first games of the type to use real historical units and scenarios for the development of. Age of Empires III - The WarChiefs. Age of empires iso download.
Address: 450 110th Ave. NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
How Many Elective Merit Badges For Eagle
- Take Exit 13A west off of Interstate 405.
- Go one block west and make a right turn (north) on 110th Avenue Northeast.
- Proceed to the City Hall visitor parking entrance on the right.
- Parking is free after hours.