Gomorra succeeds on many levels, and if you're looking for a very well acted movie that tells an unflinching story of crime, then this film is the one to watch. Crime films are always hard to pull. Hard-hitting, Italian crime drama directed by Matteo Garrone, based on the non-fiction book by Roberto Saviano, who was forced into hiding after the book's p. 12 lot equestrian center version 2 sugars legacy stables near me. It’s easy to find movies to download or stream ” even for law-abiding popcorn munchers. If you’re flying straight and narrow or want to support and watch films that are free, public domain.
Each entry contains essential information about the original context of the work (date, composer, etc.) and, where relevant, its afterlife in literature, film, politics, and liturgy. It includes an index of biblical references and an index of biblical names, as well as a detailed timeline that brings to the fore key events, works and publications, placing them in their historical context. There is also a bibliography, a glossary of technical terms and an index of artists, authors, and composers.
The Bible in Music will fascinate anyone familiar with the Bible, but it is also designed to encourage choirs, musicians, musicologists, lecturers, teachers, and students of music and religious education to discover and perform some less well-known pieces, as well as helping them to listen to familiar music with a fresh awareness of what it is about.
- Release Year
- Running Time
- 135 min
- Foreign Films / Italian / Crime / Drugs / Gangsters / Guns / Historical / Italy / Mafia / Murder / Theatrical Release / True Story / Violence
- US Box Office
- $1.5 million
- Official Website
- Rotten Tomatoes®
- Matteo Garrone's GOMORRAH is a dense, sprawling exposé of the corruption plaguing the communities of Naples and Caserta in modern-day Italy. The all-powerful Camorra syndicate influences the lives of even the most innocent citizens. In a manner similar to THE WIRE, Garrone tells his story from many different angles, resulting in a complicated narrative that often feels novelistic. In many cases, the revolving stories never overlap or intersect. While that may be jarring to those viewers who are used to having their strings tied neatly for them by a film's conclusion, Garrone's decision results in an experience that feels much more honest and true. We witness the syndicate's impact from the top down and from the inside out, following a cavalcade of characters who are all trying in their own ways to escape the deadly world in which they live.
Based on the book by Roberto Saviano, Garrone's crime epic is a powerful indictment of the corruption that is running rampant in Italy. His decision to present such a wide spectrum of characters enables him to show just how deeply everyone is impacted by this terrifying, unchecked display of criminal power. Cinematically, he employs a dizzying array of styles in order to further establish the frighteningly ungoverned atmosphere that pervades this community. GOMORRAH succeeds as both visceral entertainment and thoughtful social commentary.
- Cast & Crew
- Matteo Garrone
- Salvatore Abruzzese / Salvatore Cantalupo / Italo Celoro / Gianfelice Imparato / Marco Macor / Maria Nazionale / Carmine Paternoster / Ciro Petrone / Toni Servillo
- Maurizio Braucci / Ugo Chiti / Gianni Di Gregorio / Matteo Garrone / Massimo Gaudioso / Roberto Saviano
- Source Writer
- Roberto Saviano / Author: Roberto Saviano
- Domenico Procacci
- Director of Photography
- Marco Onorato
- 4 stars out of 5 -- '[I]t has an under-the-skin quality that makes for an outstanding drama. It's a film that paints a full, ugly portrait of the Camorra corruptors and their corruption..'
- Film Comment
- 'SCARFACE looms large in GOMORRAH, an unflinching corrective to the mafia film.'
- Rolling Stone
- 3.5 stars out of 4 -- 'It's brilliant filmmaking, a wake-up call that means to shake you, and does.'
- Total Film
- 5 stars out of 5 -- 'It's a deglamourised shot of wake-up juice that strips a brutal reality bare..Accept that every mobster movie you've ever seen is rose-tinted nonsense. Now take a dip in this icy plunge-pool of a picture.'
Gomorrah Show'[T]he dramatic structure is complex, the details are instructive, and the sense of tragedy is momentous.'
Gomorrah Movie Subtitles
- Washington Post
- 'Garrone was a painter before becoming a filmmaker; the training reveals itself through hauntingly stark images in which characters seem to get swallowed by an unforgiving environment.'